Ottawa Apartments for Rent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hidden Costs of Homeownership

2 posters

Go down

The Hidden Costs of Homeownership Empty The Hidden Costs of Homeownership

Post  cherrysmith14 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:23 am

Hello Friends.........

1.Closing Costs
Closing costs can add on thousands of dollars when your loan is settled. Those fees are often negotiated and vary state-by-state. As a buyer you may be responsible for a portion of them or the seller may assume all of them. The expense may be written into the offer so that the buyer doesn’t have to come up with the cash.

2.Property Taxes
Your property taxes are the principal source of revenue for municipalities, counties and school districts. The United States average for property taxes is 1.38 percent of the home’s value with the highest rates in New Jersey, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York and Rhode Island and the lowest in Louisiana, Alabama, West Virginia, Mississippi, and Arkansas. Additionally, there are variances within counties, parishes, boroughs and the like.

3.Private Mortgage Insurance
If your down payment was less than 20 percent of the purchase price, you will be required to buy Private Mortgage Insurance. PMI enables you to buy a house with a smaller down payment. The insurance protects the lender against you defaulting on the loan. Once you have sufficient equity in the house, the PMI coverage can be canceled.

Thanks

Brampton Real Estate Agent

cherrysmith14

http://www.AmolakDhindsa.com

Back to top Go down

The Hidden Costs of Homeownership Empty Re: The Hidden Costs of Homeownership

Post  Felix07Richerd Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:08 am

very nice posting about hidden costs of home ownership. Personally I am so satisfied that I have found this information valuable. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!

Felix07Richerd
Admin

http://www.clvgroup.com/rentals/Toronto/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum