Ottawa Apartments for Rent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hints and Tips When Building Your House

4 posters

Go down

Hints and Tips When Building Your House Empty Hints and Tips When Building Your House

Post  realtorvietnam Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:48 pm

You have decided to build a new home instead of purchasing an existing home, but are not sure what to do, or where to start. There are a few tips to keep in mind before and during this process to ensure the right house is built.

First, don't build too much house for the neighborhood. Having the largest most expensive house on the block might be good for your ego, but it makes the house significantly more difficult to sell.

A second thing to keep in mind is to build for resale, not for you. Sooner or later the house will have to be sold. A two bedroom 6 bathroom house may be perfect for you, but will be a disaster when time to sell it.

Get the best contractor you can afford, and be prepared for delays. Quality counts in home building, check with your local Better Business Bureau, and ask for referrals. Check their referrals, and ask your family, friends, and new neighbors who built their homes. Check those home builders out too. Careful choice of your contractor can save a great deal of money down the road.

Also, delays can, and most likely will happen, each subcontractor counts on the others to make things happen on time. A delay in the framing, no matter what the reason, inclement weather, materials related, or any of the other million things that could go wrong, will delay the electricians and plumbers, and all of the other stages of building the house. Plan on your actual move-in date being up to several weeks late.

During construction of your new home remember to monitor the progress as often as you can. Keep an eye on things because a mistake is much easier and cheaper to fix when caught early. If left too long an uncorrected mistake may take weeks, or months to repair, not to mention hundreds or thousands of extra dollars.

In all phases of the construction of your new home, watch your construction allowances. For example, if the allowance for light fixtures is $1000, and the ones you pick total $3000, you have to come up with the difference. This can get expensive very fast. Even small over runs add up fast when looking at lights, floor coverings, bath fixtures, kitchen fixtures, appliances, and all the other small things necessary to make your home ready to live in.

realtorvietnam

Back to top Go down

Hints and Tips When Building Your House Empty Re: Hints and Tips When Building Your House

Post  lakota6418 Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:28 pm

A builder may pour the foundation and raise the roof, but only you can make your new house a home. A seasoned architect offers tips to help you avoid costly and heartbreaking mistakes. \
_________
Properties in India

lakota6418

Back to top Go down

Hints and Tips When Building Your House Empty Re: Hints and Tips When Building Your House

Post  cherrysmith14 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Hello Friends...........

Great Tips.Thanks for sharing such wonderful tips with all of us. Keep sharing more tips in the future.I hope this will help me a lot to build my dream house.

Brampton Real Estate Agent

cherrysmith14

http://www.AmolakDhindsa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix07Richerd Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:48 am

I completely agree with you. I really like this article. It contains a lot of useful information. I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information.

Felix07Richerd
Admin

http://www.clvgroup.com/rentals/Toronto/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down